What I was interested in during the fifth week of 2023 (teaser: Chagall, LEGO, macOS, iOS, podcasts, tv)
In continuation to week four, here are the things I was interested in week five.
- 📺 I watched the first three episodes of Bad Sisters (2022) and liked the Series so far. I kind of feel sorry for the John Paul actor. The character is such an unbelievable asshole that it must be really hard to portray someone like that.
- 🖼️ I went to see a Chagall exhibition in the Schirn / Frankfurt. The exhibition was very interesting and the Deutsche Bahn tried hard but failed to mess up the evening.
- 🤖 Reading Otavio's Week 2023-05 it suddenly occurred to me that I had totally forgotten that the LEGO Minifigures Series 24 had been released. I have bought in the last half year almost no more minifigures, because LEGO has become too expensive (for me) overall and I also unfortunately have no space at all for sets, but they may not be missing and will soon complement my small collection. Especially, I am looking forward to the Brown Astronaut and Spacebaby, as I am a huge LEGO Classic Space fan. (My collection on flickr.)
- 🧮 I've reorganised my RSS feeds in Reeder. I moved the high volume subscriptions to a separate list, unrelated to the topic, as I do with all the others. Now I can just mark them all as read when they get overwhelming.
- 🖋️ I put together a Shortcuts for Re: Toot to Day One export. I was really happy to find with the help from Automattic support that you can actually add an image to a diary entry using a Shortcuts action. I'd tried it before, but a bug in the Shortcuts UI made me think it wasn't possible. BTW I was a little worried when Automattic bought Day One, but the support is really great and so far the app is still maintained.
- 🪳 Speaking of bugs in Apple's OS, I started journaling about them.
- 🖥️ I've stumbled upon Hyperduck by @sindresorhus and as it seems he developed other very interesting programs, I will definitely look into.
- 🖥️ I enjoyed browsing Dockhunt but did not post my own dock yet.
- ❤️ Joanna released status.log. A really nice app that lets you update your omg.lol status and read others.
- 🤣 Not sure when I will use this, but already had to smile about the idea alone: defaultnamehere/verylegit.link: A URL shortener, but it makes the URLs look extremely dodgy instead
- 🕹️Demon Quest 85 and Omaze were released for my playdate. I have tried to summon a demon - I feel like 100 times - and failed every time. In addition, the text is really too tiny for my old eyes. But on the other hand I enjoyed Omaze so far.
- 🎙️ Last but not least, I walked the dog and listened to a lot of podcasts: Accidental Tech Podcast: 519, AppStories: Mastodon Clients for iOS and iPadOS, Playdate Podcast: Omaze, Playdate Podcast: Demon Quest ’85, The Talk Show with Dan Moren, Connected: 435: I’m So Fedi Sorry, Mac Power Users: 677: Software Club: Fantastical, Accidental Tech Podcast: 520