What I did in week eight, 2023
In continuation to week seven, here are the things I was interested in week eight, 2023:
- 🕹 Briefly looked into my two new playdate games from Episode 1:
- Saturday Edition: Can't say much about it yet. I need to find more time to play it. I was really into these adventures as a kid, but nowadays I often don't find the time to solve all the puzzles. Maybe I'll just consult the official walkthrough 🤔
- Star Sled: After Rocket Bytes by PossiblyAxolotl and Gravity Express by Nino van Hooff, it is the third game of this kind. I like all three. And all three are damn hard in their own way (for me at least).
- 👨💻 Had I not recently upgraded to version 3.0 of MacUpdater, I probably would have tested Latest. 😇
- 💡 I have added a lot of new Indie Developer accounts to my Mastodon timeline thanks to Explore Indie Apps.
- 🎥 Speaking of Indie Apps, to complement my foray into the wide world of trakt.tv clients, I checked out Television Time. I like the kind of apps that show me just a nice list of series and episodes I'm watching and make it easy for me to check in. That's why I continue to be a big fan of TV Forecast. Television Time goes in the same direction, but it still lacks many of the features of the other apps mentioned last week and especially the ability to check in movies as well. These viewed last week are all still too cluttered and overloaded for my taste. I'm afraid my search just goes on a bit more.
- 📱 Stumbled upon Bandwidth Monitor. It's not new and it's not for everyone. Bandwidth Monitor displays your network's bandwidth usage as reported by your AVM FRITZ!Box router.
- 📺 Caught up with Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2
- 📺 Started watching Shrinking (2023). What a fun TV series! 🥰
- ♦️ Installed some new Obsidian Plugins.
- 🐘 Found out that there is VC lying around for Mastodon clients.
- 🎙 Walked the 🐕 and listened to ATP: 523, Connected: 438: The Jeremies, Hemispheric Views: 078: When The Cat’s Away!* - what a great episode 🤣, Launched: 56: Christopher Lawley - this Launched podcast really works, subscribed to Christopher's youtube channel right away, Mac Power Users: 680: Workflows with Marco Arment, Playdate Podcast: Saturday Edition and Star Sled, Really Specific Stories: Daniel Jalkut, and Upgrade: 447: I’ve Got a Lot of Code in the Catalogue.